Have four instructors make a circle while sitting on their knees and holding focus mitts in each hand as shown in the picture. If you are short on instructors, use the students, but make sure you teach them how to hold the mitts properly.
Step 2 – Setting Up the Drill:
Explain to the students age-specific mechanics of punching the mitts
Step 3 – Explain the Rules:
- Make a tight fist.
- Tuck your thumb over your fingers to keep your fist tight.
- Punch in a straight line.
- Hit the mitts with your first two knuckles.
- Have the first student stand in the middle of the circle. When you say “go” the student will go from instructor to instructor and punch each mitt four times, alternating hands.
Step 4 – Takeaways:
- The goal of this drill is consistency in their punches. As the go from instructor to instructor, they must continue to punch the proper way.
- Continue until each student has a turn.