Class 3 – Control
Dynamic warm-up – 7-minutes
• Arms: Push-ups
• Legs: Squat jumps
• Abs: Sit-ups w/ legs in the air
• Core: Bridge with shoulder taps
Mat chat – 3-minutes (Includes water break)
• Today we are going to work on CONTROL.
• CONTROL means to have power over your mind, heart, and body.
• Here are three CONTROL tips that you will learn today:
1. Have CONTROL over your front kicks.
2. Have CONTROL over your side kicks.
3. Have CONTROL over your round kicks.
Skill-building drills – 15-minutes
1. Dizzy Race: In this drill the students will develop better control of their body by racing down the training mat, spinning their head around a blocker target four times, and then kicking a target ten times. This is a fun way to teach your students to control their body.
2. Speedy Ladder: The students will build their control by front kicking a target while not hitting a stack of pads below their foot. This will help the students build good chambers in their front kicks.
Skill stripe test – 10-minutes
• See testing charts
Dynamic stretches: 5-minutes
Game – 3-minutes
• Pirate dodge ball
End of class announcements – 2-minutes