Class 2 – Teamwork
Active warm-up – 7-minutes
• Arms: Shoulder taps
• Legs: Beginner squats
• Abs: Sit ups
• Core: Bridge with side taps
Mat chat – 3-minutes (Includes water break)
• Today we are going to work on TEAMWORK.
• TEAMWORK means working together, helping each other and having great sportsmanship.
• Here are three TEAMWORK tips that you will learn today:
1. Working together cooperatively without fighting or arguing.
2. Helping each other accomplish a goal.
3. Having sportsmanship when playing by not cheating, whining, or bragging.
Skill-building drills – 15-minutes
1. Back and Forth: In this drill the students are going to practice their kicks back and forth while learning how to take turns quickly.
2. Instructor Switch: The students will build their teamwork skills by calling out Martial Arts moves for the instructor to perform. This will help the students build confidence and good leadership skills.
Skill stripe test – 10-minutes
• See testing charts
Active stretches: 5-minutes
Game – 3-minutes
End of class announcements – 2-minutes