Class 1 – Focus
Static warm-up – 7-minutes
• Arms: Hold intermediate push-ups
• Legs: Hold squats position
• Abs: Hold beginner dish
• Core: Hold beginner bridge
Mat chat – 3-minutes (Includes water break)
• Today we are going to work on FOCUS.
• FOCUS means to pay attention with your eyes, ears, and body.
• Here are three FOCUS tips that you will learn today:
1. FOCUS with your eyes by looking at people when they talk to you and also looking at what you are doing.
2. FOCUS with your ears by listening to what others say.
3. FOCUS with your body by not moving when others are talking to you and also being aware of where your body is.
Skill-building drills – 15-minutes
1. Going, Going, Gone: The students will practice their focus by learning to judge distance and timing while punching.
2. Math Kicks: In this drill the students will solve a simple math problem and then kick the target equal to the sum of the math problem. This is a great way to teach your students math!
Skill stripe test – 10-minutes
• See testing charts
Passive stretches: 5-minutes
Game – 3-minutes
End of class announcements – 2-minutes