Static Warm-up – 5-minutes
- Arms: Hold seal position
- Legs: Hold jack-in-the-box
- Abs: Hold feet out the water
- Core: Hold Spiderman’s
Mat chat – 3-minutes (Includes water break)
- Today we are going to work on KICKING.
- Who can tell me what KICKING means?
- We are going to play the following KICKING drills:Frog Kicks & Castle Crashers.
- Here are the three KICKING tips that I want everyone to practice today:
- Keep your hands up.
- Bend your knee before and after you kick.
- Watch where you are kicking.
Skill-building drills – 7-minutes
- Follow My Lead: Students will practice having good KICKING by demonstrating their ability to watch the instructor and try and remember the pattern that was shown to them.
- Teaching SKILLZ: HEALTHY COMPETITION – Make it a competition to see who can do 5 combinations in a row correctly.
- Brain SKILLZ: SPEED OF PROCESSING – The student will quickly process the combinations and perform them correctly.
- Don’t Drop the Cone: In this drill the students will learn how to develop balance while kicking by balancing a cone on their head as they kick the target. This is a great way to teach them how to keep their head up while kicking.
- Teaching SKILLZ: EXTRINSIC MOTIVATION – If the student doesn’t drop the cone, then the instructor will do 3 push-ups.
- Brain SKILLZ: DIVIDED ATTENTION – The student will focus on kicking while also not dropping the cone.
Skill stripe test – 5-minutes
Passive Stretching: 5-minutes
- Side bends
- Pat your back
- Kneeling reach forward
- Kneeling reach backward
End of class announcements – 2-minutes